.

.

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

May 17th, 2016; Maid

Hello Fam and Friends,

     This week was good. I confirmed Tahia a member sunday and I was doing well with spanish and out of nowhere the bishop started whispering to me during the confirmation of what I should say even though I was completely fine haha. She is doing awesome and Is 1 in a million. Also when I was with Elder Robbins we knowcked a house and a young kids named Camilo lived there who is 17 and I felt something good about him. So when I got my new comp we went back and set a time to meet at 9 15 at night cuz he is a busy kid. After waiting about 20 minutes at his house we went to leave when he came running down the street. There was problems with the metro so he ran all the way home to have a lesson with us. The lesson went perfect. He wants to get baptized and everything but he lives alone with his uncle and his parents live somewhere else and his mom told him no, he cant be baptized because she looked for a good church and they all wanted money or something, so we have to work with her somehow. Camilo was super bummed but he said he will wait until he is 18 if he hast to... he is awesome. 
     My new comp is good at making contacts and getting in doors and stuff so I am learning a lot. Today he got mad at me because I didnt know where the soccer field was and while we were lost I help a member with out a hand lift his water jug on his counter and he got all ticked of that I just didnt call the bishop to do it or something... ummm. There is some rough things, I am always cleaning and stuff but no one is perfect, especially me so it is all good. 
      The spanish is getting better, it is still hard but I have improved a ton, that is for sure. I am still no where close to being the best missionary and person I can be. But I am climbing in that direction. Sometimes we read talks or scriptures about what we need to be, do, or about these perfect examples of people and we get frustrated with ourselves, but it is always important to remember that there was, is, and ever will be, one perfect example. And all he wants is that you are trying your best to follow Him. 
     I love you all and hope you have a good week. 

Always in my prayers,
Elder Dillree


No comments:

Post a Comment