.

.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

April 26th, 2016; Ups and downs make the worlds go rounds...?

Hey All,

     So this week there was some ups and downs. We started out having an incredible investigator way ready fro baptism and her family was everything to her and she loved the Gospel but she moved back to Peru out of nowhere but she is in contact with the missionaries there. Also Tahía has a fight with her family and that was rough but luckily everything got bandaged up and she is doing amazing and is getting ready for baptism next month. There are some good things happening too with less actives that we have been visiting, they are coming to church again! Overall our numbers are really low and it really gets me down because I am trying and our mission President called us about our numbers... I can´t wait til´ I am able to communicate better so I can talk with everyone and spread this Gospel! I am almost done with my training and so I am excited for that but it has been good and my trainer is a good guy but I am ready for a change up. Someone who wants to work their butt off with me haha.
     This week we had a lesson with a mother in law of a member and her son. During the lesson it seemed everyone was focused on the mom but I couldnt help to notice Sergio, her 35 year old son. We was very polite and the he acted made it easy for me to see him as a son of God. I did get to say much but after the end of the lesson while my comp was busy setting a return date the Spirit told me I needed to talk to Sergio about the Book of Mormon. I didn´t listen because I felt awkward because the others were focused on planning the apointment. Then the Spirit told me that I needed to talk to him now and that the rest can wait. So I leaned over to Sergio (who had a BoM in his hand becuase we read a verse during the lesson) and told him he feels close to finding the way to God because it is in his hands and I told him what he can do to find it. During the lesson he mentioned he felt close to finding Gods way and no one responded to him. I then gave him a BoM of his own and I had never seen someone handle that book with such respect and how grateful he was for a "grand gift". That experiance was something incredible for me... and I learned many things of great valuable. 
     There are many amazing experiances in the mission and I am very greatful for this opurtunity I have. Words can not express... 
     Love you all, have a great week. Did anyone get my pics of the spider and stuff? Must not of been very exciting for you all haha. Not even the spider? That thing was huge! A real wild tarantula!

Love,
Elder Dillree
The hill I climbed last week

No comments:

Post a Comment