.

.

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

March 1st, 2016

Hello Everyone!
 
     Thanks for all the letters and advice, loved em all. This week I hit the 2 month mark ha-ha. It's not much but time seems to fly pretty good. This week the people hassled us more than usual, we got flipped off and my comp got his but grabbed and we got offered drugs and beer and way too much watermelon. Dessert is half of a watermelon here haha. The dogs here also love to bark all night and poop everywhere... they are just everywhere but the big bird dog makes up for them. I tried omitos this week and they were delicious and also a pepino which means cucumber but I had the fruit pepino and it was weird. Nothing too out of the ordinary occurred though.
     This week we had to lessons on the spot with people which is usually hard to make happen. One was with a guy named Claudio from Brazil and he is way religious but so cool and good things could happen. Also we taught Oliver again and played ball and things are going good with him. We taught an inactive family who are really cool but never show much progress but we had a super good lesson so things may be looking up. We get a lot of people who are too occupied and are numbers are pretty poor but we keep on tryng. Sometimes I feel like we are just going through the actions and just accept that this is how it is and it drives me crazy! I am not here to coast through the mission. I want to find things to improve on, then improve on them... and do it again! Ugh I feel like too many missionaries are coasting and it is difficult for me as a newbie to change that but I'm trying my best and not giving up. I just got to press forward with faith and hope in Christ, not in myself.
      That was my main thing I pondered about this week, is having faith and hope in Christ's will. I can't change the hearts of the people or my companion... but He can. His will be done, I just need to be doing my best to do his will and he will do the rest in His time. Patience Elder Dillree... Patience... ha-ha I want to know spanish now, teach and contact tons of people now, know all the lessons now ha-ha but I just have to remember to have patience and keep trying my best.
     The mission is really good though, not a day goes by that I am not grateful for this opportunity. There is much joy, adversities, and everything else during the day but and together it all makes for the best two years ha-ha. I love serving Him and His children... there is no greater thing we can do.
     Love you all, hope you have a great week. Sorry for my poor writing skills ha-ha but just know I am so blessed to have you all in my life and the gospel and the opportunity to serve... my cup is certainly runneth over and my heart is full of gratitude and love.

Love,
Elder Dillree
Played Basketball with an investigator named Oliver and showed him the church.



No comments:

Post a Comment