.

.

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Week 1: CCM

Dear Family!

     The first week has been awesome. The plane ride was good, slept most of the way. There were 9 elders and 2 sisters on our flight to Santiago. I sat by Elder Stratford on the way to Atlanta and he is a cool guy, also my district leader. I sat by Elder Workinger and Elison to Santiago and they are way fun and chill people. When we got to Chile it was pretty hot and humid but I loved it compared to what I was in haha. Then we drove to the mtc and this young girl was my driver and wow she was good, we would seriously miss people by an inch going like 50 haha. Then we got to the CCM and the temple is right next to it which is really cool. The city is nice to, kind of like Puerto Rico maybe. My district is made of all the north americans I flew in with except for one elder because he spoke spanish and the sisters because they did too. My companion is Elder White and that is by far the hardest part so far haha but I still love him and enjoy learning from him. I think he might have assburgers (lol idk how to spell) and everyone says that I have the most difficult companion but I am glad because I am growing from it. I room with White, Stratford, Elison, they are in my district, and also I room with 2 Latinos, Loisotto and Ortiz. Me and Loisotto are like best friends and he is always trying to take care of me, like help make my bed or stuff, so I call him mi mama and we crack eachother up so much even though we can barely communicate. My district calls me smiley and always wonder why I´m so happy and they say, "follow the Dillree" because I always stay on task haha. I bore my testimony Sunday becuase the spirit was like punching me in the heart and I spoke of how praying with humility, having faith in Christ, and nothing but love in your heart, and giving God all the glory from your successes, than the Lord will bless you in so many ways, including being happy on your mission. I do this every night and morning and that is why I am "smiley" haha. After my testimony everyone was coming up to me saying thank you so much for your testimony and stuff. It was a great experiance and blessing. The food here is great, I love it all but I am saving all the bread and desserts for my last week here haha. The spanish is going well but I have much much much too go haha. I have learned so much spiritually though. Mostly the incredible power of the spirit. It truly performs miracles inside my own heart. P-Day was fun today, tried a cumpleto and it was good. Oh and exerrcise in the mornings is good, we just play street ball and for once I am like the best on on the court haha. In like 1 week there will only be us and one more district so we will get like 40 new missionaries so I probably wont be the best for long haha. Oh mom, they actually have that stain remover stick in each room and also they do our laundry and stuff here. President Doll and his wife are cool people but I dont really know much of them. The teachers and everyone here is great, our district is really close too so I feel very blessed. Im so happy to be here, I know hard times always come, but by living the gospel to our best ability, we may press forwards through the hard times with a smile. Its great to hear from you all, good luck with the diet, with texas, and everything else. I promise I am giving my whole heart and soul, no regrets, and that the name Of Christ and Dillree that I wear on my heart is being represented well. I feel like I am forgetting to tell you stuff... oh I am also very blessed to have an experianced mom family with missions because I have like all the best and organized stuff. I am definately well prepared, so thank you. Oh and all the teachers think I am up to something because Im always smiling so thats funny. Oh also everyone in our district is going to Norte except Elison and Willis. Elder Ricks, workinger, Birrell, stratford, white, are going Norte. Elder Ricks is awesome, he is from Idaho falls and is so much like Elder Callhoon on the best two years. Well hopefully I didn´t miss anything. Someone get me Dillons Email. Loving my mission, life is good in the gospel :) Talk to you next week!

Love, 
Elder Dillree
The Plane Ride There

The drive to the CCM


Part of the city



No comments:

Post a Comment